Saturday, April 11, 2009

AMPUTHEATRE gamyness

AMPUTHEATRE was a lot of fun last night. I want to thank Eugene for informing the folks at URSGA about the game; it went well. The game runs smoother than it ever did in the past, and I'm excited to play again.

I'm thinking of adding a new playing date to the week. I haven't been at Millennium in a long time, and that's only because I live in the city and driving back out to Henrietta for games on Fridays (my wife and I share the car) left a burning and itchy sensation.

So I might do Saturday afternoons at Millennium; like maybe 1-5 or so. Not every Saturday; my idea is to swap out between Millennium and Comics Etc. If I do Millennium on a Saturday, then I'll be at Comics Etc. on the following Friday. How does this work for folks...?

I know that there are Warhammer tourneys going on then, but that's just more yummy publicity. Thoughts...?

(....)

A new Slasher is now in the game; her debut stuttered a little bit at SIMCON, so here she is again. Meet Locusta:



...I said, meet Locusta:





...um...


...okay, Blogger is being four-alarm retarded and not letting me upload her photo. More delays!

I guess you'll have to go here for now and click on the giant man-eating plant. She should be a Trap, but Locusta is a playable Slasher. She throws those burrs at her opponents. You simply put them on the board where you want them and they asplode into area-of-effect poisonous clouds. She also gains a Sunder when she drops into yellow health. Last night she made short work of Ashezz... that's right, the pyromaniac. Ironic, no...?

...Next weekend is UBCon, so I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Come on down and show me the love, whether you play AMPUTHEATRE or walk home with your own Chenille Macabre horror.


Finally, because I'm in my LATE THIRTIES O NOES I'm trying to... well, learn to eat yogurt. It's not going well. Plastic little cups roll about the floor and cultured glop drips down from the eaves like Wacky Wallwalkers on amphetamines. Yogurt is just too sour for my tastes. Experiments have shown that only by drowning the goop in crushed Butterfingers or Oreos or other trans-fatular goodness can it become palatable to Gil-Monster's like myself...

No comments: