Monday, September 14, 2009

Sound of that man's head dropping to the floor





ope you readers don't find this format too irritating. It's just something I thought of to make my little publicized recap of mundane personal events seem a bit more... I dunno; mine, maybe.

I was going to be more conscientious about posting here- I really was. I had done a lot of awesome stuff in the last few weeks- bought a house, became the emcee for the Roc City Roller Derby, appeared on the Metallic Onslaught radio show in Geneva to promote the bout and talk metal... fun stuff.

Then I got a concussion. At Sears. In one of those inverted exercise machines- the ones you strap your legs in, and then flip upside down wildly so the weight spring distends, the ankle restraints snap, and you land smack on your head? Yeah. I hear they do wonders for your back.

So I got to spend the night of August 27th in the ER wearing a size-too-small neck brace while paramedics reached down the front of my pants to make sure I didn't have a C1 fracture. (Priapism is a symptom of nerve damage.) I thankfully didn't. Have a boner as guys "crossed my state line" as Great White would say, that is.

No, I'm fine. I'm no longer the knot of nucking futs anxiety that I was while on the guerney, as a result of my finding out exactly from how high I fell atop my noggin. I thank drinking milk and strengthening my neck muscles through head banging. And my wife. I am so lucky to have her.

My neck is throbbing just from writing about this, so let's look at this week's monsters:


The drop on the head affected me more than I thought. The Kitsune Mini with Meteor Hammer, the Night Rakshasa Mini with Chicken Claw Sickles, and the White Rakshasa Mini with Katana are all what I consider "good guys" in my twisted little universe. No ghastly criminal records. No mouths filled with entrails. No physical, improbable deformities. Just noble animal warriors out to kick demon butt. I must not be fully recovered.

Or it might be because I'm saving all my horror minis for this weekend, when the Horror Realm happens in Pittsburgh, PA! Hope to see some of you there. I will have all-new monsters as well as a smattering of different products at my table, such as the Bags That Bite and other goodies from my new neighbors, Bent Castle Workshops. Buy twenty or thirty of my minis- then buy a Bag That Bites to carry them home in! You will be very, very pleased to do such a thing.


Okay, so "The Headsmen" from Deathlike Silence is in my head right now because I downloaded an XBOX Live game where that video plays, and you try to score as many points as you can by lopping the heads of political prisoners into moving baskets before the song ends. It's a great game in that Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-for-the-Atari-2600 kind of way.

No comments: